Welkom by die webjoernaal van die Warmbad Renaissance-aftreeoord, Bela-Bela

Welcome to the blog of the Warmbad Renaissance Retirement Village, Bela-Bela

Soek 'n berig in Renaissance

Soek jy na 'n berig in hierdie webjoernaal? Volg die aanwysings hieronder.

Monday 27 November 2023

 The Vice-chairman

Almost eight years ago, we moved to Warmbaths, and everybody asked, 'Why Warmbaths?'. I didn't know the answer then and reasoned that we wanted to sit back, relax, and enjoy our old age. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

We were only here briefly when I got involved at church. Sisters Society, becoming an elder and not long after, I started processing all the data at the church, which I enjoy tremendously as it is what I like doing.

Then, it was November 2022 and time for the election of a new Management Committee. In 2022, I took care of the finances at the village and said I didn't want to be involved anymore. Still, I was nominated and landed the vice chairman position. What now? I am a doer, not a leader. I wrestled with this for a while and decided that nothing would come your way without a reason.

Security is a male thing, and I thought it wouldn't work, but with a good relationship with the guards and other people involved, it works very well. Communication is not an issue, as I like setting up letters and languages, which are always challenging. It is a pity that the webpage and I are not friends, but hopefully, my input on the blog is valid.

My sincere thanks to all who supported me and gave me positive feedback. Thanks to those who were always looking for something to criticize, as you made me persevere to carry on.

May the new management have a wonderful and peaceful year for the task ahead. Hopefully, the 2024 Management Committee will live up to the resident's expectations.



 May the Renaissance be a peaceful haven for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment